Steroids-Legal or Illegal
Steroids are organic compounds that were originally manufactured to treat certain diseases. Slowly after its popularity among common masses, sales of legal steroid supplements have shot up. There are two types of steroids:
- Anabolic steroids- they mimic the functions of male sex hormones. But over the years, they have been used by bodybuilders and athletes to build muscles. Your sex hormones such as Testosterone are responsible for building muscles in the body. Anabolic steroids speed up the process in a short span of time. Athletes take anabolic steroids to improve their performance in sports. Bodybuilders take them for muscle gain and to increase body mass. Some examples of anabolic steroids include Winstrol, Neurabol, Turinabole etc.
- Corticosteroids- They are similar in function to the corticosteroids produced in your body. Corticosteroids do not build muscles. They are mainly used to treat certain inflammatory conditions and to strengthen your immune system. Examples of such corticosteroids are Dexamethasone, Bethamethasone, Triamcinolone, Prednisolone etc.
Steroids for Bodybuilders
Steroids are very commonly used by bodybuilders and athletes to increase strength and performance. Athletes use steroids to improve their performance and strength in sports. Bodybuilders use steroids to gain muscle and body weight. Apart from that, steroids may also provide other benefits such as an increase in appetite, fat loss, and strengthened immune system.
What are the Functions of Steroids?
- Steroids are used to treat certain medical conditions such as impotence, delay in puberty, AIDS, anemia etc.
- They are used when your body is unable to produce enough testosterone.
- They are used on weakened animals to regain their lost strength and build muscles.
- Used to treat diseases that destroy muscles such as muscle-dystrophy.
- They improve bone density thus used for the treatment of osteoporosis.
- They help in tissue repair, fat loss and strength gain.
Do Steroids Have Negative Effects
Steroids do have negative effects if misused. Any other drug in the world will cause side effects if taken in excess than the recommended dosage.
Where Can You Get Them
Most of the steroids are illegal and hence banned from the further manufacturing process. However, you can always find them in underground laboratories or on the black market. Manufacturing and selling of anabolic steroids are prohibited under the Misuse of Drugs Act, 1971.
Getting anabolic steroids in a legal way is quite difficult. However, they are still used in the medical world.
Steroid alternatives produce a steroid-like effect in your body. Although they do not function as effectively as anabolic steroids, they can be considered as your next best option which can be acquired legally. Nowadays, there has been an increase in sales of legal steroid supplements. Another advantage of steroid alternatives is that they do not cause any side-effects. Some of the steroid alternatives that are available in the market are given below:
- Trenbolone alternative-Trenorol
- Clenbuterol alternative-Clenbutrol
- Anadrol alternative- Anadrole
- Testosterone boosters
- Estrogen blockers and much more
Steroids cannot always be termed harmful judging solely by their side effects. However, if you wish to start a steroid cycle, it is better to consult a physician and seek their expert opinion.